Frequently Asked Questions
It’s speedy, safe, convenient, and unlike other debit cards, your BankPacific Visa Check Card offers acceptance at millions of merchant locations worldwide—anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Here you’ll find information on acceptance, advantages, protections, and more.
What is a BankPacific Visa Check Card?
A BankPacific Visa Check Card is a type of “debit” card that looks similar to a credit card but acts like a check because the purchase amount is deducted from the cardholder’s checking account.
How do I pay with a BankPacific Visa Check Card?
BankPacific Visa Check Card transactions can be completed in a number of ways: by signing a receipt; making a purchase on the Internet, by mail, or over the phone (receiving protection from Visa’s Zero Liability policy*); or by entering a personal identification number (PIN).
What are the advantages of paying with the BankPacific Visa Check Card?
- Quicker checkout: swipe, sign, and go. You don’t have to worry about having sufficient cash in hand or writing a check. Merchants also benefit from accepting BankPacific Visa Check Cards with guaranteed payment and reduced costs from handling fewer paper checks.
- If you have trouble qualifying for credit, try using your BankPacific Visa Check Card as a buy now, pay now payment method. BankPacific Visa Check Cards are included automatically with your checking account, and can be used like a credit card for your purchases—except the funds are deducted directly from your checking account and not borrowed.
- When traveling, consider using your BankPacific Visa Check Card for purchases. It can be used at millions of merchant locations worldwide where Visa debit cards are accepted.
- Use your BankPacific Visa Check Card as a budgeting tool to help you track your expenses and manage your money better.
- You can even pay your monthly bills or set up recurring payments with your BankPacific Visa Check Card for regular bills such as cable, phone, or loans—without having to worry about remembering to pay on time or buy stamps.
- Wallet too bulky? Tired of frequent trips to the ATM? Hate carrying around a checkbook? Carry your BankPacific Visa Check Card instead.
- Your BankPacific Visa Check Card can be used for larger purchases or reservations as well. For example, you can use your BankPacific Visa Check Card to purchase an airline ticket or hold a reservation for a hotel room.
Important BankPacific Visa Check Card Facts
- The amount of your purchase is deducted from your checking account automatically—so be certain you have adequate funds at the time of purchase.
- Car rental companies may require you to present a credit card in order to reserve a car but you may pay for the rental at its conclusion with your BankPacific Visa Check Card.
- To meet consumer demand for payment conveniences such as express/video checkout at hotels, pay-at-the-pump fueling, and one-swipe payment at restaurants, Visa has established processes to protect BankPacific Visa Check Card issuers, merchants, and cardholders. Similar to how check deposits can’t be immediately withdrawn, account deductions can’t immediately be cleared when the final amount isn’t known—this typically applies to hotel, restaurant, and pay-at-the-pump gas station purchases.
- You could be charged two fees when you use your card to withdraw cash at an ATM that is not owned by your financial institution—one by your financial institution, and one by the ATM owner.